Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Week 5: Tuesday

I am feeling good about today. At work we FINALLY started the summer program classes and I think that we have a good group of kids and it will be exciting to hopefully get some "teaching" experience. I have been working on two major projects: documenting and uploading photos of work on Flickr ( I will put the address up here when I am done editing) and cleaning the entire art room. Both projects are finally making progress and I feel that they are at manageable states and it seems to be something that will be a big help to the 'art team' because no one really has time to do what I am doing but really needs it done. There is also a community service requirement to my program and I have decided to volunteer with a nonprofit that goes to homeless shelters where families live with children and they play with the kids for 2 hours twice a week while the parents attend some life enriching classes. So basically I will get to play with these kids every thursday night. I am really excited! I went to the training session this past weekend and I should be ready to start.

So many cool things are happening and I have already been here a month!

More to come,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment