Friday, June 12, 2009

End of the Second Week.

Today was a really easy day at work. Basically this week I have been cleaning the art room....which means trying to group like items and give it some sense of organization. I think that it is just a good idea so that you don't waste money buying multiples of things and you can make some cool projects because they have a TON of stuff and a lot of it gets donated to them. So when I was not doing that I played BINGO with the kids. That is funny. They all act the same way....they get really excited about winning even though we rig it to where everyone wins an equal number of times. haha

I have also observed that a lot of interesting things happen on the metro. I have seen some really kind moments between people....and they are always spontaneous among strangers....and I have also seen some people be really rude and uncalled for. I really enjoy my 40 minute commute sometimes because I get to people watch. Except today on the way home it was SUPER crowded. I was so close to the people around me that we were within inches of touching and were basically hugging. It is funny that I get smushed between all of these business men.....it makes me laugh. hahahah

At work I am really excited because I am going to actually be teaching a painting class. Not next week but the week after. It will be really small...like 5 people plus me.....since I have never taught a class that seems to be the best. And so now I am trying to think of some lesson plans and it is kind of exciting to maybe inspire some people to be painters....and hopefully expose them to new ideas and to be more creative people. I also had an idea of introducing a new artist each day and having some examples or a handout or something so that at the end of the summer they will have been exposed to 14 major artists in history and I guess have a little bio or something. If anyone has any suggestions....I have some ideas of my own but of course any tips from anyone would be welcomed.

-Megan

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're having a great time. You're like a grown up thinking of ways to inspire these kids! And to think, I knew you when...keep up the great work & the great blogs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear tell that your third week was mighty exciting! Please give us another post as soon as you can catch your breath! :)

    ReplyDelete