Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Second Day.

Yesterday was my second day of work and it was really nice to meet some of the kids. They let me sit in and observe a 4th grade class and a 2nd grade class. Um....that was insane. It was funny because the majority of them were boys and it was really interesting to see what they talked about (which was mainly Star Wars, weapons, how their native country basically had more weapons to destroy the other countries.....I guess that is normal for boys.) It just made me laugh because they were really intrigued with me for a few reasons, they don't get much exposure to white people and so I am sure that was fun....also I was a new person so they had a lot of questions and things to ask me. For example. "Do you like weapons?" So I didn't answer that one. I am still in observation mode right now and am just looking and soaking in the environment and soon I will hopefully be able to get to know some of them a little better and not feel overwhelmed by the screaming and yelling that goes on at all times.

Plus...today I think I actually might possibly get my desk. =) Yay office!

Okay, off to work.

-Megan

2 comments:

  1. If they ask you a question you don't/can't answer - just ask it back at them. Do you like weapons? That is probably what they want to talk about anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete